Sending an encrypted message
- To send an encrypted message, simply include any of the following words in the subject line of the email:
- You will then receive a follow up email, containing the decryption key which will need to be given to the recipient of the encrypted message before they are able to open it. It is advised not to deliver this decryption key via email, instead using telephone or SMS for the safety of the data.
Receiving an encrypted email message
- If you have received an encrypted email message, there will be a blue button in the body of the email to read the message.
- This will lead you to a login page. Enter your email address (the one that the encrypted message was sent to) and the decryption key. The decryption key should be received separately from the sender of the encrypted message.
- Once logged in, you will be able to view and reply to the message. Any replies made through the portal are also sent with encryption.